Letter To Winter


Dear Winter,

In September last year I wished for your coming, and now we're in 2016 all I can wish for is your departure. 

I have enjoyed you this time around Winter. I embraced you for what you are, as we all should. I took pleasure from morning fog and crisp leaves under my feet. Although, one cannot deny the love felt in my duvet kingdom; toasty-warm tootsies on a Sunday morning, eating breakfast in bed with my love, or immersing myself in a good book. Your icy breath made those moments even more poignant. 
I also want to say thank you for the festivities. This year I felt the spirit of things more than ever before. My role in the kitchen flourished, and my wrapping skills were as exemplary as ever.
This winter I valued the little things; hugs from loved ones, warmth from the fire, the sound of children laughing, my grandpa topping up the wine and the smell of my apple spice candle. 
Layers are everything for me. Fashion this winter was all about that. I have lived in my jumpers, cardigans and Eskimo coats. Your cousin, Summer, seems to think that it is all about the exceeding ratio of skin to clothes. You don't think that though. You like layers. I like layers... layers are good.

As you fade away Winter, I feel almost bereaved. The frost becomes teardrop-dewdrops, and the barren branches become blooming buds. I feel you aren't as valued as your cousin, but know that I cherished your stay. I am saddened by your retreat, and almost wish for a few moments longer in your presence. But people come and go, all good things come to an end, and seasons must change.

Until next time my old friend - 

All My Love
_________________________________________

Twitter ● Bloglovin' ● Instagram ● Tumblr


** Disclaimer: All content on this blog is my own. Paid Advertorials are my own views, opinion and content. Copyright of Deadly Is The Female.
Share:
© Deadly Is The Female | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig